If you are in a hurry, You can pick our expert’s best choice the latest HP Pavilion 15.
In this article, we have enlisted the best laptops for doctors for 2022 that will be able to fuel your endeavors without breaking into a sweat.
Most doctors have two computers, either two laptops or one desktop computer and laptop, for their work and personal use. As a medical doctor, you will use your laptop for two distinct objectives, and you must balance personal and professional obligations.
First, your laptop must be portable and sleek and operate optimally when running intensive medical applications or using the custom software installed in the hospitals you visit. So our experts will help you to select the best laptops for Doctors.
We have 3 medical professional friends and have first-hand experience with doctors’ lives, also we conducted 27 interviews with medical professionals (doctors, nursing schools, physicians, and medical schools) to assist you in finding the best laptop that meets your requirements. But it would be best if you considered selecting a laptop based on the following system requirements before you start.
- Top 9 Best Laptops For August in September-2022 [Recommended]
- 01. Best Performative Laptop: HP Pavilion 15
- 02. Best versatile laptop: HP Spectre x360
- 03. Best functional laptop: ASUS ZenBook 14
- 04. Best fastest laptop: Lenovo ThinkPad X1
- 05. Best all-rounder laptop: Dell XPS 13
- 06. Best multi-purpose laptop: LG Gram 14
- 07. Best budget-friendly laptop: Lenovo Yoga 7i
- 08. Best secured laptop: Apple MacBook Pro
- 09. Best aesthetic laptop: Microsoft Surface Laptop Studio
- Best Laptops For Doctors in 2022 – Reviews
- Conclusion on Best laptops for Doctors
Top 9 Best Laptops For August in September-2022 [Recommended]
Below, we have rounded up the 9 best laptops for you to choose from – let’s go.
01. Best Performative Laptop: HP Pavilion 15
- INSTANT GRATIFICATION – Experience a laptop with premium performance, so you can spend less time getting more done; it’s like a small PC that’s...
- EPIC ENTERTAINMENT – With audio by BandO, a larger screen-to-body ratio, and a 15.6-inch Full HD micro-edged screen to maximize your view,...
- IMPRESSIVE GRAPHICS – The Intel Iris Xe Graphics gives you a new level of graphics performance with crisp, stunning visuals, plus the convenience of...
- UNSTOPPABLE PERFORMANCE – Get things done fast with the 11th Generation Intel Core i7-1165G7 processor, which delivers instant responsiveness and...
The HP Pavilion series offers a range of laptop utilities at a moderate price. It is a compact and portable design, equipped with the newest 11th-generation processors and 16 GB of system memory, making the HP Pavilion 15 an excellent choice for healthcare professionals, such as physicians.
It comes with an Intel Core i7-1165G7 quad-core processor that powers the laptop with a clock speed of 2.8 GHz and a turbo boost speed of up to 4.7 GHz and excellent processing capabilities. Unfortunately, there is no dedicated video RAM because it incorporated the Intel Iris Xe graphics card into the chipset. However, it enables physicians and medical students to access applications and software quickly.
Combining 16GB of fast DDR4 RAM and 512GB of SSD storage ensures smooth performance and enough storage capacity for work and play. HP added to this with the release of Windows 10 Professional, which has built-in security and privacy capabilities such as Remote Desktop and BitLocker.
The 15.6-inch display features a high-quality 1920 x 1080pixel resolution. Micro-bezels further enhance the FHD screen with IPS technology, providing a more immersive viewing experience with a broad viewing angle. In addition, the integrated Bang and Olufsen speakers complement the design by providing an incredible audio experience.
HP supports regular standard keyboards and specialized numeric keypads in portable notebooks. The keys are perfectly straight and have an excellent stroke. The larger touchpad provides additional space and comfort and a more responsive response to multi-touch movements.
The compact design of the notebook churns all 3.86kg of hardware within the classic HP silver style. One USB Type-C port, two USB Type-A ports, one HDMI 2.0 port, one 3.5mm audio port, and one SD card reader are included in the design. Laptops equipped with WIFI 6 and Bluetooth 5 ensure faster internet connections and accessories.
The three-cell, 41Wh battery provides eight hours of runtime. Optimal utilization enhances battery life by maximizing battery capacity. HP Pavilion quick charge may provide up to 50% charge capacity in 45 minutes, which is a very useful function.
HP Pavilion 15 features a fast processor, ample SSD storage, and a Full HD display ideal for healthcare professionals and students.
02. Best versatile laptop: HP Spectre x360
- Processor 11th Gen Intel Core i7-1165G7 (up to 4.7 GHz with Intel Turbo Boost Technology, 12 MB L3 cache, 4 cores)
- 16GB system memory for intense multitasking and gaming Reams of high-bandwidth LPDDR3 RAM to smoothly run your graphics-heavy PC games and...
- Huge 1TB NVME M.2 solid state drive (SSD) Upgrade, Plus 2T Best Notebooks Potable SSD. While offering less storage space than a hard drive, a...
- Graphics Integrated Intel Iris Xᵉ Graphics with shared video memory provide everyday image quality for Internet use, basic photo editing and casual...
If you’re in the market for a classic laptop with a touchscreen, the HP Specter x360 is an excellent option for you.
One of the manufacturer’s representative Swift computing devices meets the minimum standard requirements. We loved the way they improve the laptop performance without sacrificing usability or battery life.
HP has included the latest 11th Gen Intel Core i7-1165G7 processor in this ultralight laptop, making it a worthwhile purchase. Although its base clock speed is 1.8 GHz, Turbo Boost allows it to reach 4.70 GHz. Also, latest 16GB DDR4 RAM is plenty for multitasking, while fast 1TB NVMe SSD storage significantly increases boot times.
The backlight of the 13.5-inch display is an OLED Ultra HD Touch-Screen with a resolution of 3K2K. This is one of the more appropriate resolutions in this line-up. Corning Gorilla Glass protects the touchscreen, allowing you to use the device in severe settings with confidence. As an executable, we’d argue that the absence of specific images is irrelevant.
Connectivity on the HP Specter x360 is performance-dependent. The device also features a normal USB 3.1 Gen 1 port beside the two data connections and Thunderbolt 3 power. The device includes a gyroscope and an accelerometer.
Despite the extras, HP makes a bold claim: up to 14 hours of battery life on a single charge and a weight of just 2.9 pounds. So it’s the best for Doctors.
03. Best functional laptop: ASUS ZenBook 14
- Aspect Ratio:16:9
- 14 inch 400nits Full HD (1920x1080), Anti-Glare IPS level NanoEdge bezel display
- Latest 11th generation Intel Core i7-1165G7 Processor (12M Cache, up to 4.7 GHz, with IPU)
- Fast storage and memory featuring 512GB PCIe NVMe SSD with 8GB LPDDR4X RAM
If you’re a doctor, military medic, PCP, or a medical researcher searching for a reliable laptop, the ASUS ZenBook 14 is a good option.
The Asus ZenBook 14 is one of those laptops that will not permanently forego portability. ZenBook 14 is an affordable laptop that is capable of everyday use and standard performance. It incorporates distinctive ASUS innovations, such as the Ergo Lift design, which improves the typing experience. Also, ASUS’s prices are quite fair.
It has a powerful Intel Core i7-1165G7processor with a base clock of 4.7GHz, 512GB PCIe fast SSD memory, and 8GB RAM are integrated. As a result, switching between web tabs, patient notes, and Excel spreadsheets causes no noticeable laptop slowdown.
The ASUS ZenBook 14’s display is referred to as virtually framed. The 14-inch Full HD display features a 1920 x 1080 resolution and a wide viewing angle. The graphics of Intel Iris Graphics 5100 will provide a satisfactory experience.
Unlike most ultrabook devices, the ASUS ZenBook 14 excels at connection. It comes equipped with various USB ports and a specialized MicroSD card reader. The infrared camera is Windows Hello compatible, and the Harman Kardon speakers operate flawlessly.
Despite these incredible features, the laptop has a battery life of up to 12 hours and weighs just 2.65 pounds.
04. Best fastest laptop: Lenovo ThinkPad X1
- Win 10 Pro; 11th Generation Intel Core i7-1185G7 Processor with vPro (3.00 GHz, up to 4.80 GHz with Turbo Boost, 4 Cores, 8 Threads, 12 MB Cache)
- 14" FHD+ (1920 x 1200) IPS, anti-glare, low-power, 400 nits
- 16 GB LPDDR4x 4266MHz (Soldered); 512 GB PCIe SSD;
- Intel Iris Xe Graphics; USB 4 Type-C with Thunderbolt 4; Up to 16.7 hours* 57Whr (MM18); Rapid Charge
Lenovo’s ThinkPad X1 Carbon Ultrabook is one of the most powerful on the market. Therefore, if you’re seeking a portable laptop that doesn’t sacrifice performance, this is the one for you. Also, using a well-known device like the ThinkPad, you won’t have to worry about its reliability or capacity to perform correctly considering your unique requirements.
Lenovo ThinkPad X1 Carbon is powered by a 4.80 GHz, 11th gen i7-1185G7. With 16GB RAM and a 512GB SSD, you can expect speedier start-up speeds and an unbelievable amount of storage. Therefore, if you open dozens of survey tabs, this laptop will work efficiently.
In comparison to the MacBook Pro, the Lenovo ThinkPad X1 Carbon features a 14-inch screen. However, it features an excellent 1920 x 1200 resolution, which is sufficient to capture your attention. However, the absence of a defined schedule presents a significant obstacle for us. At this point, you will be unable to utilize it for high-end gaming or to run GPU-intensive applications such as AutoCAD, Revit, Blender, or Cinema 4D.
Lenovo makes no guarantees on the battery life of its laptops. Consumers said that they receive seven hours of standby working under this machine. Consider the fact that you’ll pay less for a MacBook Pro.
Lenovo Thinkpad X1 includes a broader range of connectivity options and comes in a more portable form weighing 2.49 lbs.
05. Best all-rounder laptop: Dell XPS 13
- GUARANTEED POWER: With 11th Gen InteI Core mobile processors, it’s now possible to enjoy incredibly immersive entertainment on a remarkably thin and...
- KILLER WIRELESS: With Wi-Fi 6 techology, the Killer AX1650 prioritizes streaming video, communication, and game traffic in your system for fast,...
- STUNNING IS AN UNDERSTATEMENT: Dolby Vision content can deliver highlights that are up to 40 times brighter, and blacks that are up to 10 times darker
- START IN AN INSTANT: A built in lid sensor with a new press fit hinge allows you to open the lid with one hand and power up in milliseconds, no matter...
If you’re a doctor who loves HD graphics, the Dell XPS 13 is an excellent choice for you. It’s a well-thought-out blend of innovative communications, lightning-fast performance, and sturdy build quality. As a result, the Dell XPS 13 range is known as the most incredible alternative for meeting industry demands.
The laptop is powered by an 11th Gen Intel Core i7-1195G7quad-core processor with 16GB RAM and 512GB of internal SSD storage. However, the base frequency is at 2.8 GHz, Turbo Boost, and can be increased to 5GHz. You will get one of the most powerful processors available, as well as enough RAM, to multitask smoothly.
The display has a 13.4-inch Full HD display with Dell support. The massive 1920×1080 resolution suffices to catch even the most minute details. While it isn’t as frameless as the other options, Dell has done an excellent job of keeping as bezels minimal. The anti-glare screen has a maximum brightness of 400 units.
Despite having specialized graphics, the Dell XPS 13 maintains the connection. Three USB Type-C connectors are Thunderbolt 3 compatible. You can use any of these for simple data transfer.
Finally, the Dell XPS 13, weighing only 2.8 pounds, is one of the lightest laptops available.
06. Best multi-purpose laptop: LG Gram 14
- 14" WUXGA (1920 x 1200) IPS LCD, with DCI-P3 99% color expression
- Intel Evo Platform Powered by 11th generation Intel core i5-1135G7 Processor with Intel Xe Graphics delivers performance for high-resolution content...
- 8GB LPDDR4X 4266mhz RAM delivers a high level of performance for memory-intensive content creation, designing, editing, and multitasking
- Improve productivity with 256GB PCIe M.2 NVMe SSD for dependable storage accessible in a flash
LG has virtually performed a miracle with this ultra-thin and light laptop that does not sacrifice speed or performance. With a weight of roughly 2 pounds, this is one of the greatest gadgets to buy if you have a lot on your head. The description of the ideal laptop for a doctor who must travel frequently could not be more accurate.
As previously said, the LG Gram 14 makes no compromises in terms of performance. For optimal performance, it has a 4.20 GHz 11th Gen Intel Core i5 processor. When you want multi-functionality and faster boot times, the 8GB RAM and 256GB fast NVMe SSD combo makes sense. It’s incredible how these functions have been packed into such a compact device.
The laptop has a 14-inch Full HD panel with a 1920 x 1200 resolution. The maker did an excellent job of making the hardware as portable as possible. Even without dedicated graphics, the laptop provides a full viewing angle.
I’m glad to see that the LG Gram 14 doesn’t skimp on durability or usability. Supports fingerprint authentication and Windows Hello. Even if you have a lot of inputs, the backlit keyboard, and accurate keystrokes are nice.
As if that weren’t enough, this 2.2-pound device has an exceptionally long battery life of up to 25.5 hours. That’s why it’s the best laptop for doctors
07. Best budget-friendly laptop: Lenovo Yoga 7i
- Windows 10 Home, 2-in-1 14" inch FHD (1920x1080) Touch-Screen IPS 300nits Glossy
- Intel Core i7-1165G7 (4C / 8T, 2.8 / 4.7GHz, 12MB)
- 12GB Soldered DDR4-3200(not upgradable), 512GB SSD M.2 2242 PCIe 3.0x4 NVMe, Integrated Intel Iris Xe Graphics
- 1x USB 3.2 Gen 1 (Always On), 2x Thunderbolt 4 / USB4 40Gbps (support data transfer, Power Delivery 3.0 and DisplayPort 1.4), 1x headphone /...
If you want a laptop for less than $1000 with outstanding performance and versatility, this is a great option for you. You may use the Lenovo Yoga series gadget in various angles and shapes to suit your needs. As a doctor, you may enjoy the many benefits of owning such a laptop, as the Lenovo Yoga 7i also works admirably on jobs that require a large amount of computing power.
A 2.8GHz Intel Core i7 processor powered this versatile laptop, but 12GB of RAM and 512GB of SSD improve its performance. It would be great to have a little more RAM, but this 1.43kg unit will cost you less than $1000. And, because it runs on Windows 10, you won’t have to worry about user interface smoothness.
The Lenovo Yoga 7i has a larger screen than the other devices on the list. The Lenovo IPS touch screen measures 14 inches and has a resolution of 1920 x 1080. Some users compare the screen quality to that of the Microsoft Surface Pro. This yoga laptop, like a pro, has integrated graphics.
Lightning-powered connectors are being used for more excellent connectivity and speed. The fingerprint sensor allows instant access to Windows, while the backlit keyboard delivers a comfortable typing experience. We also can’t overlook the benefit of the adaptable design. Despite weighing 1.43kg, the Lenovo Yoga 7i contains a battery that lasts 16 hours on a single charge.
08. Best secured laptop: Apple MacBook Pro
- Apple M1 Pro or M1 Max chip for a massive leap in CPU, GPU, and machine learning performance
- Up to 10-core CPU delivers up to 3.7x faster performance to fly through pro workflows quicker than ever
- Up to 32-core GPU with up to 13x faster performance for graphics-intensive apps and games
- 16-core Neural Engine for up to 11x faster machine learning performance
The Apple MacBook Pro 14-inch is one of the best laptops for doctors. It provides Mac OS users with an outstanding combination of performance, mobility, and ease. The MacBook Pro 14’s thin shape and well-crafted edges make it the best bet laptop for a medical doctor.
It has a latest generation M1 Pro chip with 8‑core CPU. However, if you wish to run software that requires many resources, Turbo Boost will increase to 3.8 GHz. The 16GB RAM and 512GB SSD storage are more than adequate for professional and personal use. It can handle the pressure if it has dozens of unlocked Chrome tabs or high-end gadgets attached to a laptop.
The Apple MacBook Pro’s stunning display is renowned for two things: its pleasant viewing angle and precise color arrangement. Therefore, whether you’re studying an x-ray report or any sensitive document, seeing a 14-inch retina with a resolution of 3024×1964 will cause no discomfort.
The laptop features an up to 32-core GPU with up to 13x faster performance for graphics-intensive apps and games. It is user-friendly for storing graphics programs.
There are four Thunderbolt USB Type-C connectors on this Apple MacBook Pro machine, two on each side. This will assist you with billing, networking, and additional requirements, such as the external GPU.
After logging in, you’ll notice the famous Touch Bar and Touch ID for a convenient and secure login experience. It’s a relatively large package in 1 3.1. However, it will assist you in ensuring that the laptop has 10-hour battery life.
09. Best aesthetic laptop: Microsoft Surface Laptop Studio
- Aspect Ratio:3:2
- The most powerful Surface Laptop. Quad-core powered 11th Gen Intel Core H Series processors handle your most complex workloads.
- Boundary-pushing design with sleek 14.4“ (5) touchscreen makes seamless transitions from laptop to entertainment-ready stage to portable creative...
- Pair with Surface Slim Pen 2 for the best digital pen experience yet, featuring the feeling of pen on paper(7). Magnetically attach, store, and charge...
This hybrid laptop is direct from the manufacturer of Windows and strikes a mix between elegance, performance, and mobility. It is also worth noting that it is one of the most fantastic Microsoft laptops on our list.
Being a doctor also requires a lot of running, and sometimes you need a portable and hybrid laptop. Microsoft Surface Laptop Studio meets these standards and provides one of the best Windows computing experiences on the market.
The Microsoft Surface Laptop Studio may not be a beast in terms of performance. It has an Intel Core i5 processor running at 2.6 GHz and 8GB RAM. However, when combined with 256GB of SSD storage, you can expect Windows 10 to run more smoothly, even if you’re switching between mobile, tablet, and studio modes.
It is popular because of the bright and clear screen that comes with it. You won’t miss anything on the screen because of the high-resolution 2400 x 1600. Even those who believe a 14.4-inch touchscreen is insufficient will appreciate the seamless Windows experience. Of course, we don’t expect this device to have any special game features.
Finally, it provides a smooth laptop experience.
The battery life of the Microsoft Surface Laptop Studio is one area where it outperforms its competition. On a single charge, you can expect up to 14 hours of battery life. The support for various surface attachments, such as the lid type, surface dial, surface pen, and surface arc mouse, is essential.
And, if you don’t want a laptop-style device, it’s a fantastic gadget for viewing media because of its lightweight of 5.62 kg.
Best Laptops For Doctors – Recommended Specs
|Processor||11th Generation Intel Core i7|
|Graphics||NVIDIA or Intel Iris or UHD|
|Display||15.6″ Full HD (1920 x 1080)|
|Weight||Under 6 lbs.|
|Battery||Up to 6 Hours|
|OS||Windows 10 Home 64-bit|
FAQs on Best Laptops For Doctors
Q.What is the perfect weight for a doctor’s laptop?
Doctors recognize they must travel to diverse places and go with their data. 2 to 3 pounds is the recommended weight. There are many possibilities in the market if you are not searching for anything to play with. There are also convertibles to choose from now.
Q. How are computers useful for medical students?
As a medical student, you would need a laptop to research on the Internet. You can also use your laptop to save vital information.
Q. Which MacBook is best for medical students?
The MacBook Air is suitable for medical students. You don’t have to pay a lot of money to get a MacBook Pro.
Q. Does dedicate graphics matter for a doctor?
It is required! You may, however, need to use an application that displays content. A specialized video card can improve speed and smoothness. The visual quality would be significantly improved. Despite this, a specialized graphics card is optional.
Q. What is the best laptop for doctors?
Choose a laptop with at least an i5 processor, 8 GB of RAM, 256 GB solid-state storage, and integrated Intel graphics. You don’t need a specialized video card, but gamers should keep that in mind. We recommend getting a laptop with an i7 processor, 16 GB of RAM, a 512 GB solid-state drive, and a 2 GB NVIDIA GeForce MX250 video card for improved performance and long-term use.
Q. Should the doctor’s laptop be portable?
If you travel always, you will constantly need a laptop, such as when visiting a hospital, clinic, meeting, or traveling. The ASUS ZenBook 14 and ASUS and Vivobook S15 are the best lightweights and compact laptops on this list since they are easy to carry and take up little space in your bag.
Q. How much should I spend on the laptop as a doctor?
It also depends on the usage model. However, we recommend investing as much as possible in a laptop with more performance and durability. So, you have a device that can resist wear and tear while also running more smoothly.
System Requirements for doctor’s laptop
As previously mentioned, a doctor requires a portable and fast laptop that has high-end performance and allows for efficient multitasking, with a long-lasting battery, a laptop that is dependable during medical emergencies.
You may be a physician who requires a laptop to monitor patients, conduct medical research, and conduct studies, or you’re a primary care physician who practices general medicine and requires a machine to learn about various medications and keep track of patients.
Also, you may be a hospital administrator who needs a laptop to manage hospital operations. We recommend Core i5 Processor, 8GB RAM, 256GB SSD.
The models on this list will satisfy you and will help to make your work easier.
Best Laptops For Doctors in 2022 – Reviews
Conclusion on Best laptops for Doctors
To manage even the most challenging jobs, Doctors, engineers, and professionals must rely on intelligent design and faultless system memory. Again, as a potential professional, think about your field and your possibilities before you swim.
If we had to recommend the best laptop for most medical services, the HP Spectre x360 would be our first pick, particularly for exam copies. The future and an abundance of resources.
If you’re looking to spend a lot of money on looks, the ASUS ZenBook 14 is a good option for you.
Also, if you’re looking for a low-cost heart and community store, Lenovo ThinkPad X1 is the perfect laptop for you to consider buying.